This episode I’m chatting’ it up with Bioware’s Matt Besler! Matt has a had a varied career in film, television, and gaming with such titles as the Mass Effect Trilogy as well as Dragon Age: Origins, 2, and inquisition along with Mass Effect Andromeda which will be dropping the Winter of 2016. Matt has specifically been an audio lead on Dragon Age: Awakening and Origins DLC.
- Where are you from originally? — this also leads into Matt’s career path (1:31)
- Matt started at Bioware when he was 31 (18:57)
- What style of music was your band? (25:46)
- What was it like working on your first game? (29:28)
- How did your dialogue get mastered for Mass Effect? (32:46)
- Out of all the games you’ve worked on has there been a favorite? (38:10)
- Story about Frank (41:43)
- Craziest recording session (44:55)
- Do you have a favorite mic? (54:33)
- What mic is Bioware using on dialogue? (56:53)
If you haven’t subscribed, be sure to pop over to iTunes and do just that. While you’re there leave a review! It can be a sentence long if you like, and make no sense at all, but it’s the review that gets the word out on the iTunes.
Any questions, comments, or concerns? Shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I always love hearing from you!